The Utah County Attorney’s Office Victim/Witness Coordinators offer support to victims of violent and/or felony crimes during the criminal prosecution of the offender. They act as a liaison between you and the Deputy County Attorney handling your case and can provide you with the following services if you make arrangements with them in advance:
- Attend important court hearings with you, such as the Bail, Preliminary, and Entry of Plea (Arraignment) Hearings, the Jury Trial as well as the Sentencing Hearing and getting interpreters when needed.
- Provide you information about your case, scheduling and scheduling changes, restitution, counseling, court orientation, and coordinate information among different agencies, i.e. police departments, hospitals, attorneys, etc.
- Facilitate visits/tours to the court facilities and/or help secure a place for you to wait until the defendant is removed from court hearings and provide protection assistance, if needed.
- Help in receiving payment of witness fees and mileage, and securing transportation and lodging arrangements for out-of-state witnesses.
- Assist you with your employer in the event that you are having trouble getting the necessary time off work.